Is one country enough for your tour? Why not visit two!? Get involved in a once in a lifetime opportunity. Travel through the bustling, urban communities and rustic, rural scenes of both Cambodia & Vietnam. Bike tours are a great way to explore the landscape: Pass the famous paddy fields and agriculture that drive these nations, and meet friendly locals in the outer, rural villages.
Cycle into the wilderness of Cambodia to investigate a beautiful, old sanctuary city of Angkor and it’s historic and amazing architecture. This temple complex is the largest of it’s kind in the World and is a must-see for any visitors to the region. Built in the 12th century as a capital of a thriving Hindu empire, much of the history and outstanding buildings remain for you to gaze upon in wonder.
Then, swap two wheels for the water to journey the powerful Mekong River. This biological wonder of nature is an epic place to finish your cycling tour. There is so much nature here; over 1,000 species of animal life live in this habitat. Not only that, the region provides a huge percentage of national agriculture and food to Vietnam, and is the natural resource “beating heart” of the country. Finishing on the river that has brought so much life to both of these eye-watering countries has to be a fantastic way to end this once-in-a-lifetime tour.
- Day 1 – Join trip Ho Chi Minh City; afternoon orientation walk
- Day 2 – Visit the Cu Chi tunnels, cycling around the countryside
- Day 3 – Bike to the Mekong Delta then boat trip to islands
- Day 4 – Cycle and drive via Vinh Long to Can Tho
- Day 5 – Cruise the floating markets and explore villages
- Day 6 – Drive and cycle to Chau Doc
- Day 7 – Speedboat to Phnom Penh; afternoon city tour
- Day 8 – Morning cycle; visit Tuol Sleng and the ‘Killing Fields’
- Day 9 – Cycle along Mekong River then drive to Kampong Thom
- Day 10 – Early cycle to Sambor Prei Kuk temple; drive to Siem Reap
- Day 11 – Sunrise visit to Angkor Wat, cycle to Banteay Srei
- Day 12 – Cycle to Angkor Thom
- Day 13 – Trip ends Siem Reap
For more information and details on the itinerary find out more including prices and availability now.
View more of the best cycling tours in Vietnam.